Mr. Jimnah Waweru joined Daystar University in 1997, initially as a part time lecturer before finally coming in as a full time lecturer in 1999. Since then, he has taught students at different levels in the field of Economics, statistics and Mathematics. The University’s first MBA class came on board in 2003 and he was fortunate enough to have taught them. Jimnah, have served the school at different levels and in different ways such as examination officer, Assistant HOD (Commerce 2010-2011), Economics practicum coordinator and ably supervised MBA several MBA students over the years.
Before joining Daystar University, Jimnah served as a lecturer at Kenya School of Professional Studies (1992-1993; 1995-1997) and Africa Nazarene University (1997-1999).
- Holds a master of Arts degree in Economics from University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania in 1995.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics from Moi University in 1991
- Final stages of my PhD studies in Economics at Kenyatta University with research interest in the field of Health Economics.
Service to Community
June 2016 to date: Trustee, Daystar University Staff Provident Fund
- May 2015 to date: Director, Lukenya Housing Co-operative Society. This is an elective position and involves advising and guiding on investment projects relating to acquisition of land and construction of houses for the benefit of society’s members.
- 2013 to date: Chairman of the board of Directors of Daystar Multipurpose Sacco Society, a financial Co-operative that deals with savings mobilization, provision of credit to members and acquisition of land for members. For the last three years, Jimnah have helped protect and grow members’ portfolio in the society as well as make the SACCO more vibrant than it was before.
- 2010 to date: Chairman, Thika Road side (Ngumba) Estate Welfare society. From 2010, Jimnah have been the elected chairman of Ngumba Estate Welfare society. This welfare society is registered with the registrar of societies (Kenya) and serves as the voice of about Ten thousand residents when dealing with such issues as security, infrastructure and maintenance of a clean environment. It also serves as the link between Provincial Administration and the residents and for the time he has been serving, he has done this efficiently and effectively.
- 2007 to date: Chairman Board of Governors – Nginda Mixed Secondary School, Murang’a District. Work here involves helping the Principal with running and management of the school as well as facilitating board meetings. For the time Jimnah have been the chairman, student enrolment has more than doubled more so after the school opened the second stream in 2008. There has also been marked improvement in performance with several students qualifying to join public universities during his tenure.
- 2001 to 2002: Treasurer of a large church organization – Parklands Baptist Church based in Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya from 2001 – 2002. The main duty of the treasurer’s office is to ensure that the financial position of the church is sound and for the period mentioned Jimnah, handled this effectively. He is in the current membership of Monitoring and Evaluation Committee of the same church from 2015 to date.