Advancing Education Through Daystar University Scholarships
Daystar University sets aside over KES 30 million each year to assist approximately 300 students through a variety of scholarships and other financial aid. Eligibility and application process varies depending on the kind of scholarship.
The broad range of scholarship programmes enables the University to cater for a wide range of applicants. Some of the available scholarships are need based while others are based on academic merit. Our scholarships fit a variety of our students’ needs and are either full or partial scholarships. They include:
Our scholarships fit a variety of our students’ needs. They include:
Daystar Family and Daystar Sunday partial Scholarships – a one-time scholarship award aimed at helping students who have not completed paying their fees, sit for their exams.
- Academic Merit Scholarship - a first year scholarship offered to students who have a mean score of A or A- in KCSE and have applied for admission to Daystar.
- Book Award - available annually to 6 students who have the highest GPA in their respective year of study
- Selected Scholarship - covers 75% of the tuition costs and the beneficiaries are re- evaluated annually
- Hardship Scholarship - offered to students who cannot afford to sustain themselves in Daystar even with the 75% scholarship, thus are given a full scholarship.
- Recommended Scholarship - these are initiated by the donor who then gives full or partial support.
Work-study Programme - students are awarded about KES 40,000 per semester but they have to work for 10 hours in a week.
- Work study scholarship is given on a need basis.
- Also there are some scholarships available specifically to women and other special interest groups both in undergraduate and postgraduate study.
Eligibility for Daystar University Scholarships is based on merit and need. One must be a registered student.
For additional, detailed information contact the Financial Aid Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Application forms are available online. To download an application form, click here.
There are other different types of loans and scholarships that students can take advantage of including, bursaries and scholarships offered by HELB. It is advisable for students seeking financial aid to apply for the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Loan. For more information, visit the HELB Website