Daystar University | GOVERNANCE
- The Chancellor
- Daystar Company
- University Council
- Management Board
- University Senate
PROF. MARY MURIMI - Chancellor, Daystar University
Mary Murimi, PhD. RD Professor of Nutrition Texas Tech University College of Human Sciences
- Committed and born again Christian woman
- Member of Turning Point Church, Texas and involved in small groups
- Married to Sammy Murimi (1982) and a mother of four.
- Involved as a family in Share International which has planted over 200 churches in rural Turkana in Northern Kenya, and they have trained and sent about 61 Turkana missionaries. Prof. Murimi is involved with the women and girls ministries in Turkana.
Education and Professional background
- Graduated with a Ph.D. in Human Nutrition with an emphasis in community nutrition and behavior change from Iowa State University in August 1996.
- Registered Dietitian with the American Dietetic Association since 1993
- Member of the Society of Nutrition Education since 1992
- 1992 M.S. Eastern Illinois University, Food and Nutrition/Dietetics
- 1990 B.S. Mundelein College, Food and Nutrition/Dietetics
- She started her teaching and research career at Louisiana Tech University in 1998 where she progressed through all the academic ranks, took a sabbatical at Yale in 2008, and Joined Texas Tech in 2012.
- She is currently a full professor of Nutrition at Texas Tech University in the department of Nutritional Sciences engaged in teaching, grant writing, and research at the local and international level. Leadership responsibilities are part of the package.
- She is the President-Elect and the chair of the 2016 annual conference for the Society of Nutrition Education and Behavior. This position comes with a wide range of influence, decision making, mentoring the next generation, and assessing and setting nutrition policies.
- At her community research laboratory, she is mentoring a total of 5 doctoral students from Kenya, Eritrea, Bangladesh, Vietnam, and Saudi Arabia and a post-doc fellow from Kenya. At the community level, she is the lead nutrition researcher for the East Lubbock Promise neighborhood and a member of the International Center for Food Industry Excellence cluster at Texas Tech University.
- She has made international memorandum of understanding between Texas Tech University and Kenyatta University, The Kenya Medical Research Institute, The Vaal University of Technology in South Africa, Rwanda college of Public Health, The Jigjiga University in Ethiopia
Research and Publications
- Prof. Murimi is widely published with more than 35 works published.
- She has served the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior as an Associate Editor since 2008 to current, determining the articles that are timely and educational, and guiding both reviewers and authors in the production of timely, accurate, and relevant articles.
- She has also spoken in over 50 conferences.
- She has been involved in various researches. In the community setting, her research agenda is aimed at dietary and lifestyle behavior changes by translating clinical trials and scientific information to participants in an effort to combat obesity and related chronic diseases. For example, she implemented a longitudinal community-wide project to combat Obesity and related diseases in rural communities in Northern Louisiana funded by Health Resources and Service Administration (HRSA) a division of the Department of Health and Human Services.
Prof. Murimi has been able to acquire approximately $1.2 M in grants money as a principal investigator over the past six years, over 90% of which were funded by federal organizations. She has raised funds for over 20 grants.
- Her leadership roles at the society started at the division level and progressed to the highest position of leadership in the society. For example, she has served as Chair of the Division of International Nutrition (2005-2007), a division of Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior (SNEB).
- She has also co-chaired the SNEB nominating committee (2007-2008); and participated as a member of annual conference planning for two years (2007-2009).
- She has been a member of the Board of directors for the Society for Nutrition Education for the last 5 years from 2011 to current and now assuming full presidency in 2016.
- She was appointed by the USDA National Officer to be the Panel Manager for the childhood prevention program 2013-2014.
- She registered as a reviewer for NIH and USDA grants.
- At the University level, she is currently serving at the Texas Tech University Graduation, Convocation and Commencement events.
- She served in the faculty awards in the college of Human Sciences 2014-2015.
- Currently she is serving at the tenure and faculty merit awards for the department of Nutritional Sciences.
Daystar Company Limited
COMPANY BOARD MEMBERS
Rev. Dr. MacMillan Kiiru
Company Board Chair
Rev. Dr. MacMillan Kiiru is a Leadership and
Management Consultant with Lenmac Consultancy Services. He is the Executive Director of Lenmac
Leadership Institute. Rev. Dr. Kiiru is a University Lecturer at St. Paul’s University and Africa International University.
He has also lectured at Azusa Pacific University, Pan Africa Christian University, and Daystar University.
He has previously served as Executive Director at the Africa Center for Missions Afriserve, Chief Executive at
Fellowship of Christian Communicators in Africa and Madagascar (FOCCAM), Executive Director at World
Vision International, and Student Health Insurance Coordinator at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena,
California, USA. Dr. Kiiru has a Doctor of Missiology/ Intercultural Studies from Fuller Theological Seminary
in Pasadena, California, a Master of Arts degree in Marketing from the University of Strathclyde (Business
School) in Glasgow, Scotland, and a Master of Arts degree in Communication from Wheaton College in USA
(through Daystar University). He is a retired Clergy with the Anglican Church of Kenya, Mt Kenya South Diocese,
and the Chairman of Kiambu County Clergy Forum. He has authored and edited several books among them the
- How to Develop Resources for Christian
(Kiiru, 2004, Uzima Press, Nairobi).
- Mobilizing and Managing Resources;
Foundations, Principles and Strategies
. Kiiru 2010, Evangel Publishers, Nairobi.
- Successful Fundraising; Strategic and Practical
. Kiiru, Kiraka, Cuthbert, 2011.
- Church Leadership for Mission
- 2005 ACM/FTT
Rev. Dr. Matthews Kalola Mwalw’a
Company Board Vice-Chairma
Rev. Dr. Matthews Kalola Mwalw’a is the
immediate former Senior Pastor of Africa Inland Church, Milimani in Nairobi, Kenya, and a member of the
Daystar Company. Previously, he has served as Senior Chaplain at Daystar University (1989-2003); Pastor, AIC
Plainsview (1990-95); AIC Dandora (1988-89); Pastor, AIC Githurai (1987-88); Pastor-in-charge and Chairman
of the Local Church Council, AIC Ziwani (1980-85); and Pastor, AIC Ziwani (1977). In 1976-1998, he served
as Youth Camp Speaker for Africa Inland Church and the Word of Life Ministries International in Nairobi, Ukunda
and Munich, Germany. As Daystar University Chaplain, he was responsible for management of the spiritual affairs
of the university through providing spiritual counsel to the Management, Senate, and University Council; chapel services and related chapel ministries: setting of university spiritual organization; small groups ministry, Bible studies for the various groups of the university, student body counseling and by extension some of the families. Among Boards he has served include the Evangelical Alliance of
Kenya (2013); CORAT Africa (2013); Kenya Youth for Christ (1981-2000); Scott Theological College (1981-
1986); Word of Life (1985- present); and AIC Diguna (1988). Rev. Mwalw’a holds a D.Min 2012 (Preaching
Mrs. Rose Ngara-Muraya, Company Secretary and Leadership) from Beeson International Leadership,
Asbury Theological Seminary, Kentucky, USA; M.Th 2000 (Missions) from the Nairobi Evangelical Graduate
School of Theology [Africa International University]; M.Div 1988 from the Nairobi International School of
Theology [Africa Leadership University]; B.Sc, 1980 (Sacred Music) from Grace College of the Bible, Omaha
Nebraska [Grace University]; Dip Th. 1976 (Pastoral Theology), Scott Theological College Machakos, Kenya.
Mrs. Rose Ngara-Muraya
Mrs. Rose Ngara-Muraya is a
Senior Policy Analyst with the Kenya Institute of Public Policy Research and Advocacy (KIPPRA). Mrs. Muraya
holds an Executive MBA from the Management University of Africa, M.A (Economics) degree from York University
Canada, and a BA (Economics) degree from the University of Nairobi. She is a PhD candidate in Entrepreneurship
at Moi University and has served in various capacities in the Government of Kenya, United Nations, and
other institutions of higher learning
Rt. Rev. (Bishop) Joseph Kanuku
Company Board Member
Rt. Rev. (Bishop) Joseph Kanuku is a trans-formative leader with a wealth of experience in
leading strategic community development initiatives, influencing lives through mentorship, motivation, training,
teaching and shepherding as well as pioneering church planting and development. He is a proactive initiator
accomplished in contributing to board decisions, complex organizational and financial management, growth and
expansion projects as well as project management. Bishop Kanuku is also a diplomat and qualified mediator
with ambassadorial experience for national and international bodies. He has successfully directed regional
development projects, working with community, civil, faith-based, government and NGO stakeholders to achieve
sustainable development objectives. His professional career has seen Rev. (Rtd) Kanuku serve with the Anglican
Church of Kenya (ACK) as Bishop of Machakos Diocese (1995-2012) and subsequently Bishop of Makueni. Diocese (2013-2016) where he provided leadership for the church, directed the vision of the church, streamlined leadership and reporting structures for different diocesan
groups and religious communities, ensured proper succession planning for sustainable impact, and gave
oversight to community development projects, resource stewardship, team management, pastoral care,
shepherding and training for the congregation. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Bible and Theology from Pan Africa
Christian University (1993) and a Certificate in Higher Religious Studies – Theological Education by Extension,
from the University of Nairobi (1988), besides other professional certifications. Bishop Kanuku has served
on the Daystar University Council from 2002-2009, and been a member of the Daystar Company since 2008.
Ms. Catherine Butaki
Company Board Member
Ms. Catherine Butaki holds a B.A
degree in Communication from Daystar University (1996), a Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication from
the Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (2002); and an Executive Master of Arts degree in Diplomacy and
Foreign Policy from Moi University (2015). A career civil servant with over 15 years’ experience in different
Government Ministries, departments and agencies, Catherine is currently the Public Relations Manager of
the Kenya Rural Roads Authority (KeRRA). A career civil servant, Catherine has in the past worked for the Ministry
of Provincial Administration and Internal Security (2007-2010), National Campaign on Drug Abuse Authority
(NACADA) in 2005-2007, Ministry of Labour and Human Resource Development (2004-2005), Ministry of
Information and Communications (2003-2004), Ministry of Tourism and Information (2000-2002), and Ministry
of Information and Broadcasting (1997-1999). Catherine is passionate about Governance and
Development. Through her Christian faith and conviction, Catherine continues to change and improve the welfare
of the less privileged in society one life at a time. Her mantra: No one should be poor and poverty is
Mrs. Bernice Gachegu
Company Board Member
Is an advocate of the High
Court of Kenya. She has vast experience in Commercial Law with specialization in Company and Copyright
Law. She is also well-versed in insolvency matters and has administered numerous bankruptcies and company
liquidations. For the last 27 years, Ms. Gachegu has worked for the State Law Office in various capacities
and has risen through the ranks to the position of Registrar General. She has honed management skills
that have allowed her to successfully supervise and guide activities of over 150 staff members, and manage
annual budgets of approximately Ksh 20 million. Ms. Gachegu has demonstrated a commitment to the values
of integrity, equity, fairness, justice, and adherence to the rule of law by initiating processes that would render this
office a corruption-free zone and a true embodiment of the principles of servant leadership.
- Mr. Kiragu Wachira – Member
- Dr. Regina Mwatha – Member
- Mr. Peter Wachira – Member
- Ms. Hephzibah Beulah - Member
- Bishop Zablon Nthamburi - Member
- Rev. Simeon Havyarimana – Member
- Mr. Kamau Ng'ang'a - Member
- Dr. Lilian Wambua - Member
- Rev. Daniel Bitrus - Member
- Mr. Ken Obimbo - Member
- Prof. George Kinoti - Member
- Lay Canon Dr. Mary Okello – Member
- Dr. Stanley Mukolwe – Member
- Rev. Aiah Foday Khabenje
- Prof. Henry Thairu – (Ex-Officio Member)
- Prof. Laban Ayiro - Vice Chancellor (Ex-Officio Member)
- Dr. Donald Smith - Founder
- Faye Smith - Founder
- Dr. James Mageria - First Company Chairman
- Dr. James Kamunge - First Council Chairman/First Chancellor
- Dr. Florence Muli-Musiime - Second Council Chairperson, Second Chancellor
- Prof. Stephen Talitwala - First Vice Chancellor
- Prof. Godfrey Nguru - Second Vice Chancellor
The University Council is the chief policy-making organ of the institution and is comprised of Christian leaders and professionals from different backgrounds. Its members are:
Prof. Henry Moses Thairu
Prof. Henry Thairu is the immediate former Director of Kenyatta University Consultancy Unit as well as the Coordinator of the School of Creative Arts, Film and Media Studies at Kenyatta University (2013-present). He is also the Chairman of Governing Council of Mater Hospital from March 2018. Henry Thairu has served as the Chairman, Commission for University Education from January 2014 to October 2016. The main work of the Commission is to accredit, inspect and regulate universities and their academic and research programs so as to ensure Quality University Education. He is the former Vice-Chancellor of Inoorero University (IU) from 2008-2013. IU was the Enterprise University of Kenya. He is the founder Managing Director of JKUAT Enterprises Ltd (2005-2006), a company wholly owned by Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology. The company’s main mission is to commercialize the University’s Research and Development results and innovations. He has been Deputy Principal (Academic Affairs-1992-1994) and Deputy Vice-Chancellor in charge of Academic Affairs at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) from February 1994 to April 2005.
He is the former Chairman of the Board of Management of Kenya Education Network (KENET) from 1999-2008. KENET provides internet connectivity to universities, colleges and research institutes in Kenya. He is the former Chairman of the Board of the Kenya Industrial Property Institute (KIPI) from 2007-2010, and former Chairman of the National Council of Science and Technology. He is the former Chairman of Radiation Protection Board (RPB) where he served for six years. He is the former Chairman of Kenya ICT Board Innovation Grants Committee. He is also the former Chairman and Governor of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA) Higher Education, Science and Technology Sector Board (2010-2014). He is the current Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Railway Training Institute (RTI 2008-present), a subsidiary of Kenya Railways Corporation. He has also served as the Chairman of the Elders Court at Karen Community Church for the periods 1996-2005 and 2012-2018.
Globally he has served in the Executive Committee representing the African Region in World Association of Industrial Technology and Research Organization (WAITRO) in 2000-2004, and the Global Consortium on Higher Education Research in Agriculture (GCHERA), in 2000-2009.
Prof. Thairu was a member of the Higher Education Taskforce (TAHEST), which developed the three bills which have already been enacted in to law. That is University Act of 2012, The Science and Technology and Innovation Act 2013 and TIVET Act 2013.
Mr. Desmond Mtula
Chair of Finance & Resource Mobilization Committee
Mr. Desmond Mtula is the
Managing Director of Church Commissioners of Kenya. He serves as chair of the Finance Committee of the University Council. Mr.
Mtula has 30 years of experience gained from working in senior management positions in various financial institutions ranging from the Church Commissioners for Kenya to senior management positions in the Standard Chartered Bank (K) Ltd.
Throughout the 30 years, he has also assisted Churches and charitable organizations in their quest to
invest for self-sustenance. He has an MBA from University of Nairobi, and a B.Ed (Upper Division) Business/
Economics from Kenyatta University. Mr. Mtula is a member of the Finance and Administration Committee at
National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK). He is a Director at ATIS Capital Ltd.
Bishop J. B. Masinde
Bishop J. B. Masinde is the Founder and Senior Pastor of Deliverance Church International – Umoja; General Secretary of Deliverance Church International, and a member of the Apostolic Council and Deliverance Church Council. In these positions, he offers support to the General Overseer as well as leadership in administrative and doctrinal aspects of local church management. He is a prolific Bible expositor and teacher whose ministry has touched many lives for the last 45 years. He was ordained into Ministry in 1984 and Consecrated in 2004.
As part of the Salt and Light International Ministries in Oxford, United Kingdom, Bishop Masinde receives and offers support to other Fathers of the Faith across the globe, strengthening the five-fold ministry gifts, especially the apostolic and prophetic, as a basis for strong local churches.
In the past, he has also served on the boards of the Bible Society of Kenya, Life Ministry Kenya, and the Nairobi International School of Theology, (now International Leadership University).
He holds two Honorary Doctorate degrees in Philosophy in Humanities (2010) from the United Graduate College & Seminary (Indianapolis, USA), and a Doctorate in Ministry (2006) from the European Theological Seminary (United Kingdom); a Bachelor of Arts in Bible and Theology (1988-1990) from the East Africa School of Theology (Nairobi, Kenya); a Diploma in Bible and Theology (1982) from International Bible Training College (Lagos, Nigeria).
Mrs. Nyambura Musyimi
Chair of HR & Spiritual Nurture Committee
Mrs. Nyambura Musyimi is an Advocate and previously Founder and Managing Partner of Musyimi & Company Advocates (1996-2013). She is the immediate former Chair of the Board of Directors of Kenya Women Micro Finance Bank (2011-May 2018). She holds an Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) from Copenhagen Business School and a Law Degree (LLB, Honors) from the University of Nairobi.
Hon Dr. Erastus Mureithi
Dr. Erastus Kihara Mureithi, (MBS, HSC) is the Executive Chairman of Suera Group of Companies (2001-2007 and 2013-todate). He Previously was Member of Parliament (2007-2013); General Manager (1988-1989) and Managing Director (1989-2001) of the Cooperative Bank of Kenya during which time he served on the Daystar University Council and was at one time Chairman of its Finance Committee. In his earlier career, he was Commissioner of Cooperatives Development (1985-1988); Deputy Commissioner of Cooperatives Development (1983-1985); Assistant Director of Agriculture (1979-1980); and a Senior Agricultural Officer (1976-1979).
Dr. Mureithi holds an Honorary Doctorate degree in Christian Counselling from the International Faith Theological Seminary and University College (2010); a Masters of Arts degree in Counselling Psychology from the United States International University (Africa) San Diego, California; a Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics (Agrarian Development Overseas), University of London (Wye College); and a Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture (Agronomy), Makerere University in Kampala, Uganda.
Mrs. Lillian Ogola
Mrs. Lillian Ogola holds a degree in Accounting and Finance from United States International University (USIU) Africa, with over 30 years work experience in the area of Finance and Accounting in NGOs, Consulting firms and Cooperative Sector.
She currently is a Financial Analyst with M & E Consulting Engineers.
Mrs. Ogola has in the past served on the Daystar University Council, where she was Chair of the Council Finance Committee.
CPA Donald Odera
Chair of the Risk, Governance & Audit Committee
CPA Donald Odera is Chair of the Risk, Governance
and Audit Committee of the Council at Daystar University.
He is an Advisory Partner at Erastus & Co., Certified
Public Accountants, Fellow of the Chartered Association
of Certified Accountants (FCCA), a Member of the Institute
of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA-K) and
an Associate of the Chartered Association of Certified
Accountants (ACCA). He has worked at International
Planned Parenthood Federation’s (IPPF)/Centre for
African Family Studies (CAFS), Price Waterhouse, Kenya,
Murdoch, McCrae & Smith-Certified Public Accountants,
and Henlys Lease Limited-London in different capacities.
He is a
has served with
Horwath Erastus Company
Donald has worked in Kenya, Sudan
and Ethiopia providing various services as a consultant
Mr. Allan Bukusi
Mr. Allan Bukusi is a practising consultant with more than 20 years in corporate training and HR consulting with specific focus on leadership development, strengthening organizational management competence, implementing performance management programs, and design of corporate strategy to facilitate organizational development. A member of CITAM Karen, Allan holds a Master’s degree in Leadership, Business and Enterprise (2013); a Graduate Diploma in Education, a Bachelor of Science degree, and professional training in business administration, accounting in business and management, personnel management and industrial relations, human resources management and strategy development and implementation.
Dr. Bright Mawudor
Dr. Bright Mawudor is currently the Deputy General Secretary (Finance and Administration), with All Africa Conference of Churches (AACC). Bright has more than 20 years experience providing Financial Management, Strategic Leadership and organizational development services with international experience across Africa and Europe. Bright’s areas of expertise include Human Resources, Finance management, Entrepreneurship, Programme development; design and implementation; Change management, resource mobilization and grant management.
Bright has strong drive on development work with direct experience with national, regional and international organizations. He has a track record in delivering on major change and transformatory projects and assignments responding in response to country and regional contexts. He has knowledge of Donors and Development funding, accounting and management. He also has lectureship experience in Accounting, Finance, Diaconia and Church Leadership in Universities and Colleges in Africa and Europe.
Prof. Olive Mugenda, CBS
Prof. Olive Mugenda, CBS, is the immediate former Vice-Chancellor of Kenyatta University (2006-2016) where she spearheaded the institution’s transformation in many ways including growth in students’ enrolment, infrastructure development and expansion, staff welfare, and introduced market driven programmes. She ably turned the University into an entrepreneurial and research institution and championed innovation in academics, administration and research. Prof. Mugenda is a Commissioner of the Judicial Service Commission, a Non-Executive Director of UBA Kenya Bank Limited, a multinational financial institution, a Board member of the African Centre for Transformative and Inclusive Leadership Initiative (ACTIL), a member of the Steering Committee for the Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI), and a Board member of Global Training and Research Program, an NGO owned by the University of California. Previously, Prof. Mugenda has been Chairperson of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and Vice-President of the International Association of Universities (IAU).
She is a recipient of the Elder of Burning Spear (EBS) and Chief of the Order of the Burning Spear (CBS) presidential awards. Prof. Mugenda is also a recipient of the Ernst and Young Lifetime Achievement Award and was recently awarded the highly competitive and prestigious Impact Research and Science in Sub- Saharan Africa (IMPRESSA) Award by the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM). In February 2016, the French Government through the French Embassy in Nairobi awarded Prof. Mugenda the Order of Academic Palms – a national order of France for Distinguished Academics and figures in the world, for her efforts in steering the growth of Kenyatta University. Prof. Mugenda holds a first class honours degree in Education from the University of Nairobi, a Master of Science degree and PhD in Family and Consumer Sciences from Iowa State University (USA). She also has a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the Eastern and Southern Africa Management Institute (ESAMI). Prof. Mugenda has since 2016 founded CLIG with the aim of empowering university leaders to be transformational leaders in their organizations and communities locally and regionally.
The day-to-day operations of the university are overseen by a Management Board which is composed of the following members:
1. Prof. Laban Ayiro - Vice Chancellor - Chairman
2. Prof. Michael Bowen - Ag. Deputy Vice Chancellor, Finance, Planning & Administration (FA) - Secretary
3. Prof. Bernard Boyo - Ag. Deputy Vice - Chancellor, Academic Affairs
4. Prof. Levi Obonyo - Dean, School of Communication
5. Dr. Kennedy Ongaro - Dean, School of Human & Social Sciences
6. Dr. Martha Kiarie - Dean, School of Science, Engineering & Health
7. Dr. Evans Amata - Dean, School of Business & Economics
8. Rev. Mutinda Musyimi - Dean of Students
9. Dr. Scholastica Githinji -Dean School of Arts and Humanities.
10. Prof. Dr. Dr. Moni Wekesa -Dean School of Law
11. Dr. Leah Komen - Ag. Director, Centre for Research, Publications, Consultancy & Postgraduate Bureau
12. Dr. Sylvia Tuikong - Director, Center of Quality Assurance & Excellence in Teaching & Learning
13. Dr. Paul Mbutu - University Registrar
14. Dr. Solomon Nzyuko - Director, DLPDI
15. Mrs. Rosemary Gitachu - University Librarian
16. Mrs. Phyllis Mutua - Chief Manager, Finance
17. Mr. Pius Muia - Chief Manager, Human Resource
18. Mrs. Damaris Kimilu - Corporate Affairs Manager
19. Ms. Carol Mwangi - Ag. University Services Manager
20. Mr. Solomon Mburu - ICT Manager.
21. Rev. Steve Nduto - University Chaplain.
1. Ms. Lydia Mumbi Warui - Planning Officer & Personal Assistant to DVC, Finance & Administration
2. Mrs. Mary Njeri Mukunga - Ag. Executive PA to VC
Daystar University Senate Members
The Senate members are:
1. Prof. Laban Ayiro - Vice Chancellor - Chairman
2. Prof. Michael Bowen - Ag. Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Finance & Administration (FA)
3. Prof. Bernard Boyo - Ag. Deputy Vice Chancellor, Academic Affairs and - Secretary
4. Dr. Kennedy Ongaro - Dean, School of Human and Social Sciences
5. Dr. Martha Kiarie - Dean, School of Science, Engineering & Health
6. Prof. Levi Obonyo - Dean, School of Communication
7. Dr. Evans Amata - Dean School of Business & Economics
8. Rev. Mutinda Musyimi - Dean of Students
9. Dr. Scholastica Githinji - Dean School of Arts and Humanities / HOD Education
10. Prof. Dr. Dr. Moni Wekesa - Dean School of Law
11. Ms. Irene Kimani - Associate Dean of Students.
12. Mrs. Damaris Kimilu -Corporate Affairs Manager
13. Rev. Steven Nduto - University Chaplain
14. Mrs. Rosemary Gitachu - University Librarian
15. Dr. Paul Mbutu - University Registrar
16. Dr. Sylvia Tuikong - Director, Center of Quality Assurance & Excellence in Teaching & Learning
17. Dr. Solomon Nzyuko -Director, DLPDI
18. Dr. Leah Komen - Ag. Director, Centre for Research, Publications, Consultancy & Postgraduate Bureau
19. Dr. Susan Muriungi - HOD, Psychology, Counseling & Child Development
20. Dr. Josephine Munyao - HOD, Theology and Pastoral Studies
21. Dr. Wambui Wamunyu - HOD Media & Film Studies (MFS)
22. Dr. Wandia Njoya - HOD, Language & Performing Arts
23. Rev. Patrick Musembi - HOD, Peace & International Studies
24. Dr. Laban Chesang - HOD, Economics
25. Dr. Samuel Muriithi - HOD Commerce
26. Dr. Philemon Yugi - HOD, Development Studies
27. Mr. Fredrick Ogore - HOD, Computer Science
28. Mrs. Susan Njuguna- HOD, Nursing
29. Dr. Geofrey Kinuthia - HOD, Science, Engineering and Health
30. Dr. Jesca Kinya Mwithia - HOD, Strategic & Organisational Communication (STOC).
31. Mr. Richard Maswili - Chair, Senior Staff Association of Daystar University
32. Chair DUSA - Nairobi Campus
33. Chair DUSA - Athi-River Campus
1. Mr. Joab Namai - Personal Assistant to DVC Academic Affairs & Coordinator for Collaborative Academic Programs.